At Amby, safety is at the heart of all we do and we are proud that it is the very first of our company values.
We will not compromise on safety and our customers can rest assured that their baby is safe in an Amby Baby Hammock.
We will not compromise on safety and our customers can rest assured that your baby is safe in an Amby Air Baby Hammock that has been successfully tested against UK and European safety standards. Certificate number SHHG1304012503IP dated 10 May 2013.
A baby's safety is also the responsibility of parents and the decisions and choices they make. Research has been undertaken across the world to improve safety and to minimise risk and the following recommendations are from a summary of this research (see, for example http://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/). Compliance with this advice will enhance the protection and safety of your baby and all parents should take account of these.
- Don't smoke during pregnancy or after birth (better not to smoke at all!) and keep your baby smoke-free – especially when very young but preferably all through their childhood
- Breastfeed, if possible
- Do not drink alcohol during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding
- Sleep with your baby placed in a hammock, cot or Moses basket in the same room as yourselves for the first 4-6 months of his/her life – but never in the same bed
- Always place you baby on her/his back to sleep
- Make sure you have a firm, flat, waterproof mattress in a good condition. Even if you are using the same hammock or cot for your second baby, or have borrowed or purchased one second hand, it is always advisable to buy a new mattress that is specific for that hammock or cot to ensure it fits correctly.
- Don't let your baby get too hot (the ambient temperature should be around 18°C)
- Don't cover your baby's face or head whilst sleeping and don't use lose bedding
- Never sleep with your baby in your bed or fall asleep with him/her on a settee/chair